Tuesday 14 August 2007

Day 20 - Mue Ne

Another relaxing day at the beach. I'm reading a book called The Sorrow of War, passed on from Ali, written by a North Vietnamese soldier after the war. It's good to read it in Vietnam, although our current setting is a million miles from the images it conjures up. It's really relxing here - a great beach, and so quiet considering. Most people who come here seem to do so for the kite surfing or windsurfing. We just read that the wind hits 15+ knots on most days of the year, and it seems more windy at the moment. But on the beach it's baking hot, with teperatures in the 30s and really humid. I braved a run this morning at about 7.30am, but in the already oppressive heat it was unbearable.

Most of today was spent just chilling out and lying around. I had a good swim and a little run, but really have just been lazy, enjoying the peace and quiet away from the city. I did manage to get some laundry done (for the first time) so I hope my clothes won't have shrunk to Vietnamese sizes when I pick them up tomorrow.

No comments: